This is our story....The story of our journey as a family of four

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Batters up for Easton

Holey Moley, what a day we had on the 13th.  It will be a day that we will never ever forget!  My friends did such an amazing job planning E's extravaganza....some may call it a benefit, but I feel as though extravaganza is much more fitting for what went on that day!  It was so beautiful that even almost two weeks later, I am finding it hard to write about it. The girls had it all set up, the chinese auction, the live auction, the fields....everything just looked so wonderful!

The day was started out with just a little service that our church put on, just a blessing of the day if you will, and of course I bawled the whole way through it.....then we did the walk, and of course Easton was happy as a clam the entire walk, smiling and cooing.  Julie and Wad Moore had balloons made that said, "Zion loves Easton", so everyone on the walk carried a blue balloon!  It was quite the site to see :)  We of course brought up the rear because we had a little girl who wanted to walk herself...or be carried the whole way, lol.  But it was a fun start to our day!

When we got back......oh mama when we got back...  There were loads of people up there at this point, as all of the wiffle ball teams were registering, and the walkers had just returned, and we were asked to stand in a certain spot..... our friend Kimmy started talking, and thanking everyone, and to be honest I was ready to bum rush her hug her, and then everyone else there!  So there we were, just taking it all in, everyones smiles, everyones love and Kimmy said that there was a certain someone there for us to meet.......and wouldn't you know it but none other than Adam Page walked around the corner!  Goosebumps....and then I completely lost it.  We have honestly been talking about Adam Page, since we saw his article in the Buffalo News when E was only days old, and there he was....walking up to us!  That was a moment I will never ever forget!

The wiffle ball started and we went and chatted with Adam and Sandy for a bit....and can I just say, what a wonderful family!  So amazingly nice, and I think I just rambled on like a nin, and I really hope that my words made sense!  We were so surprised, and honored that they would come down to meet our Easton and be a part of his day. 

It was such an amazing day!  The live auction was hysterical, the chinese auction baskets were incredible, the wiffle ball went untill 8 o'clock, and I'm fairly certain that there was some trash talking going on from the older guys to the younger undefeated 15 yr olds....must've felt a little pressure from the young bucks lol, all in good fun no doubt!  The volunteers were phenomenal, thank you Zion.....you guys were absolutely amazing!  Thank you to all of our sponsors, thank you to everyone who came, thank you to the girlies that put it on....the one word that I keep coming back to is beautiful...the day was beautiful.  The sense of community was incredible, and I am proud to say that Frewsburg ROCKS, and heck yea I grew up there lol! It was so beautiful, I wish I could just bottle up each and every part of the day.  Everyone's face had a smile on it all day, the weather, well the weather was a little iffy, but that did not stop one of those wiffle ball players- we had grown men out there in the bare feet, soaking wet- just having a good time.  I think everyone just had a good time... all the little kids running around with their face painted, hair sprayed crazy colors and their cotton candy!  All the men with their little wiffle ball bats all taped up with duct tape.....like the pros that they all are. ugh there were just so many fun things going on, and I really hope that everyone had as fun of a time as we did.  With all of that said, I do have one regret, and that would be the fact that I didn't get to chat and see everyone there.....I felt as though I blew a few people off because I had to be here or there, and I just really wish I had a chance to sit down with every single person there to let them know just how much we appreciate them....so if you are reading, and we didn't get the chance to tell you- we truly do appreciate all of your love and support for our family.  We love each and every one of you! 

Like I said, it was a day that we will never forget. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show off our handsome little man (and his sassy but sweet sissy too!), and thank you so much for all of your support, we are beyond blessed.  With all of  you by E's side, there will be no stopping him, he will be able to achieve anything that his little heart desires.....he's got a whole community there to back him up, and to pick him up when he falls.  Lucky boy :)

Love to you all from the Rapp's



Daddy and Caidence on the walk


Meeting Adam Page for the first time.....I think we were all a wreck at this point!


That's just cute!


Adam and the Rapp family


Sweet baby E and his favorite OT ever <3


Did you kick some wiffle ball butt cousing Kole?!


Oh That sweet baby E


A little Live auction fun!


Even Johnny Cash was in it to win it, the rain didn't stop anyone from having fun!


Uncle Sti and Aunt Am talking strategy for next year ;)

The 2010 Batters Up For Easton champions


*I know there are so many great pictures out there, many on facebook, I just need to learn how to take them off of there and put them on here....I'm certain there is a way, I just know that I am not going to figure it out tonight.....so expect more pics soon!*

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment