This is our story....The story of our journey as a family of four

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chasing the shade....

Before I begin I am just going to go ahead and apologize....no pics again.  I can't get the pics to upload on the computer.  Big bummer but I promise as soon as I get a few more minutes I will try to play with it some more because I've got some really cute ones to share, so one of these days you are going to look and there is going to be a boatload of pictures of my sweets, and their friends too!

Back at it...

Well, E and I have spent a majority of our days chasing the shade.  I have to say for western New York, we are doing pretty well in the sunshine department, and there are no complaints coming in from this girl.....I say bring it on summer...bring it on.  Caidence on the other hand has spent the last week or so chasing anything but the shade...she chased butterflies, chased the birds....the bugs (well, kinda- we've got a total girly girl on our hands who shrieks everytime she sees a bug, but she does love to hunt for them), the dogs, the sunshine...she has been a very busy girl and has loved every minute of it.  We have literally been outside every single day, Nae and E have even been napping outside which has been amazing....now if only I could get them to nap at the same time I could start one of my new books :)

We have busy planting our flowers and I am very proud to say that we have morning glories coming up on one side of the trellis.  Our fingers are crossed that the right side will sprout a few, but if not no biggy....we will claim a victory non the less for our first attempt, lol!  We went and picked out flowers for our pots the other day and Caidence picked out a pink, fuzzy flower (I don't remember the name right of the top of my head), but she was very cute while picking it...."that one, mom mom"..."this one Nae?" ...."no that one"....very specific and particular that little girl is- I hope she stays that way, especially when picking out boys when she's older, ha!  She has been so wonderfully amazing lately, I just wanna kiss her face about every second cuz she's just so darn sweet.  Although I will say she all of a sudden has this growl/screaming thing going on when she wants my attention immediately which is not so sweet, but we are working on that!

As far as "Deas" goes....we started OT with Anna, and it went really well, we are just really working with him to start using his arms and start to reach for things and to stop "chicken winging it"- no that is not a pt or ot term, that's a mama term, and believe me there will be many more of them to follow.  I don't know that he is tracking as well as he was, but all we can do is continue to work with him.  I will say on Sunday the 30th he did hit his lion that has a chime in it for the first time....I was jumping up and down like a nin, so excited for him.  He focuses great on you when you talk and play with him, and it takes all of a smile from mom mom to get one back, but it's when you move around to try and get him to track, he kind of gets a little side tracked and loses focus...maybe he has a bit more of me in him than we think, poor kid LOL.  He is still as sweet as sweet can be though.  I will say, and I really probably shouldn't but I am a bit suspicious of his shunt.  He has been a little on the sleepy side lately, but it could be a number of things, but I automatically go straight to the shunt....somedays I don't know how he still has hair on his head because I rub his soft spot constantly.  But please don't worry, leave that up to us, and I'm sure it's nothing- it's been hot so if I were a lil babe I would sleep all day too!  E weighed in at 7lbs 14oz last week, but I will say that he had on a wet diaper and a onsie so he really weighs a smidge less than that, but hey, he's a 7 pounder now!

This week is kind of  a quiet week for us, all we have is PT on Friday and part of me is saying thank goodness for that.  Last week was a 'drag your knuckles' kind of a week....I got a phone call from Bev, our service coordinator and she let me in on the fact that Caidence will be getting speech......here comes a whirlwind of mixed emotions that I just can't shake, and I just don't understand it.  She told me that she was diagnosed with apraxia which was an automatic qualifyer.......I'm sorry but this kind of came out of left field, and I still can not accept it.  Yes, I had her evaluated, yes I know she is a little delayed and has articulation problems, and Yes I really wanted her to qualify....but a diagnosis?!  Apraxia?!  I did some research and yes she does show some symptoms, but I also think what she does show is almost just normal for someone her age.  I mean she can blow bubbles, she can move her tongue side to side, but yes she does call her juice "ap juice", and Easton is "Deas" so I just don't know.....I don't know why I am still even on this, but I guess my shoulders just feel heavy......I guess I'm not sold on it.  I mean with Easton, his diagnosis was in your face obvious....there was no denying the fact that he had SB, but with C I'm just not so sure.  And like I said I don't know why I'm dwelling on this- I was slightly annoyed when I didn't think she would qualify because she did so well on the receptive part of the eval, and please don't get me wrong- I am so happy that she qualified so our little babe can really start telling us what is going on in that pretty little head of hers, I just wish they didn't slap a diagnosis on her after an hour long eval.  I guess it's just the "label" that I am having a hard time with because it's not so apparent to me.  Enough of me complaining though, bottom line is Nae is getting speech.....Hooray for that, and like I said I can not wait for her to really start chatting it up with us!  We have our IFSP on Monday for her so we will know more detail then....woo hoo!

Kimmy took amazing pictures of Easton, and a few of C too!  They turned out so cute, and our session got cut short due to Cody not feeling too hot, but none the less got some cute pictures of the kiddos! Can't wait for Nae's pics!

Oh jeez, there's so much more but I have to get to a kitchen that I promised Tordella's I would have done for tomorrow, I'm not going to lie it kind of felt good to walk back into the store today.  I do love it there, I love the people, but I also do know that my kiddos need me more now than they ever will and I am so happy that I am able to stay home with them and love them up and play all day!  Life is good right now, and I wouldn't want it any other way.....I love being home with my sweets, but it also does feel good to help the store out a little bit when I can!


Well, that's it for now, and like I said, as soon as I get my camera figured out you will be able to enjoy the last few weeks at the Rapp's as much as I did!  Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment